Thursday, November 11, 2010

How Hard Can It Be?

'Bang!' We were of and running as fast as the wind could go.
You see athletics day isn't very far and so every Wednesday or Friday all the senior classes do some practicing.
Beeppppppppppp!.. The horn went off. Opps, there goes my group better go!

2 mins later.
We are sitting on the grass learning how to do shot-put.
I look around at the people in my group and I can see their hands, I know they can't resist pulling out the grass.
It was finally my turn. I thought to myself " how easy could this be, I'll just throw it like a tennis ball".
STOP! I felt the weight of the ball pressing down on my hands.
If I did what I was planning to do I could injure my arm.
To do it right you had to put the shot-put on 1 hand then put your arm behind your ear finally giving a mighty push forward.
So basically there's a little trick behind every sport.
Beeppppppppppp!.. It was high jump time...
Im a bit on the short side... Got any tricks?...

No comments: